Quectel EC20 R2.1 Mini PCIe is an LTE category 4 module adopting standard PCI Express® MiniCard form factor (Mini PCIe). Adopting the 3GPP Rel.11 LTE technology, it is optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications, and delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates.
Designed in the compact and unified form factor, EC20 R2.1 Mini PCIe is compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ UC20 Mini PCIe module, multi-mode LTE Cat 3 EC20 Mini PCIe and Cat 4 EC20 R2.0 Mini PCIe/EG25-G Mini PCIe module, which allows for flexible migration among them in design and manufacturing. Meanwhile, it is backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, ensuring that it can be connected even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
EC20 R2.1 Mini PCIe supports multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology. The use of multiple antennas at the receiver end at the same time and on the same frequency band greatly minimizes errors and optimizes the data speed. The module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with embedded multi-constellation high-sensitivity GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS) receiver for positioning.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android/eCall*) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as CPE, industrial router, industrial PDA, rugged tablet PC, video surveillance and digital signage.
● LTE category 4 module optimized for M2M and IoT applications
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
● Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
● Feature refinements: supports DFOTA, eCall* and DTMF
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems